Tennis is one of the most popular sports in the world and it is also good exercises that provides a full body workout and helps in burning a lot of calories. One of the important requirements is to have a reliable racquet and a very good pair of shoes. Another important thing is you need a good pair of sunglasses that can help you stay focused and enhance your game to a great extent.
They also protect your eyes from UV rays and there are some glasses specifically made for tennis with special lens filters that help you to focus on the tennis ball by darkening all other colors around. So let’s look at some of the best sunglasses for tennis in the market.
Best Tennis Sunglasses
1. Oakley Men’s Flak Jacket Iridium
Oakley has been a renowned sports glass manufacturer for years and the Oakley Men’s Flak Jacket Iridium glasses are one of their trademark products. Interchangeable lenses that you can use in all kinds of weather conditions and all kinds of lighting environments. The frame is so lightweight that you won’t feel wearing a sunglasses around your eyes. The filters are made using Plutonite that helps in filtering all the harmful radiations including UVA, UBC and UVC. These lenses are rigorously tested to withstand any impact at great speeds to protect your eyes at all times. The sunglasses are made using superior and high-quality materials to provide maximum comfort, performance and durability.
- Equipped with interchangeable lenses to maximize your performance in all lighting conditions
- Comes with two different sizes of nose pads to allow you to choose the best size that fits
- 3 point fit ensures additional comfort and maximum performance
- Plutonic filter protects your eyes from UV radiations and harmful blue light
- Made using light-weight and O Matter material to provide all-day comfort
- Doesn’t provide a great fit for bigger guys, so I suggest get a bigger size
2. Maui Jim Ho’okipa MJ Sport Sunglasses
The Maui Jim Ho’okipa MJ Sport Sunglasses provide more than anything you need from a quality tennis sunglass including maximum comfort, performance, UV filtration and extreme durability. It is one of the best sports sunglass that provides maximum glare protection. The PolarizedPlus2 technology provides complete glare protection. The blue mirror coating on the glass provides color enhancement and also allows you to see the tennis ball clearly by making the colors pop. Made using high-quality polycarbonate material to make the sunglasses light in weight but tough so it won’t break easily.
- Features PolarizedPlus2 technology that helps in eliminating 99.9% of glare and protect your eyes from harmful UV radiations
- Comes equipped with Maui Jim’s special lens that enhances the quality of the colors than what you can see with your normal eye
- Comes with a waterproof coating to prevent any water droplets or snow to stay on the glasses for a long time.
- Provides extreme Durability
- Not a good fit for people with a wide face
3. Under Armour Core 2.0
Under Armour is a leader in manufacturing high-quality sports gear and the Under Armour Core 2.0 sunglasses is one of their superior creations that comes with a special lens that provides 20% more undistorted peripheral vision to provide a clear vision all the time. The Airflow technology enables the sunglasses to be cool and comfortable always. All types of UVA/UVB/UVC rays are completely blocked to keep your eyes hale and healthy. The sunglasses are made with a blend of Titanium and Grilamid to provide that impressive strength, but still making it lightweight. The nose pads and temples are adjustable to provide a comfortable fit. The lenses are also resistant to scratches and stains.
- Armoursight lenses provide undistorted peripheral vision
- Protects against UVA/UVB/UVC rays
- Extremely strong and still lightweight
- Comes at a very competitive price
- Not for big headed people
4. Bolle Vigilante
Bolle Vigilante is another great pair of sunglasses to wear during a game of tennis as it cuts through the glare and provides a clear view of the ball. The glasses keeps everything slightly brighter even when the sun sets, so you can see the ball really well. That is a real big advantage for you as you can see the ball more clearly than your opponent and hence you can react quickly and place it wherever you wanted and score more points as well. The anti-reflective coating helps in protecting your eyes from UV rays.
- Equipped with P3 lens technology to provide a clear view of the ball
- Provides ultimate scratch resistance with the help of a special coating on both sides of the lens using Bolle carbo-glass
- Impact resistant
- Lens may fall out during extensive use
5. Oakley M2 XL
Oakley is always known to come up with revolutionary products and the M2 frame is their latest release for the sports community that comes with fluid contours that adds to the classic style of the glass. The lenses are specially designed with Polaric Ellipsoid lens shape to provide complete coverage along with impeccable visibility. Plutonite lens ensures that UVA/UVB/UVC rays are filtered 100%. Don’t be confused with the “XL” tag, it just simply means “one size fits all”. Another great thing about it is its price. This is a decent mid-range tennis sunglasses.
- Comes with Non-polarized iridium lens for crystal clear visibility
- Added with a glare reduction coating on the lenses to remove glare
- Provided with interchangeable lenses that adjust to all lighting conditions
- Unfortunately, it doesn’t come with a hard cover case
Things to Consider When Buying Sunglasses
When it comes to buying sunglasses for playing tennis you need to consider a few things as it is not your regular every day wear glasses, but with these glasses, you are going to run along the court and chances are that it may fall down, scratches may occur or collide with any other player. So it needs to be scratch resistant, can absorb sweat and to provide a clear vision always. Some of the factors that need to be considered are provided below:
- The sunglasses that you pick for playing tennis needs to be highly durable to resist any kind of impact during the game. Go for sunglasses that are made using polycarbonate glasses that are tough and also bend a little to avoid or don’t break easily
- It should provide a snug fit, but not tight around your eyes and ears.
- The frames need to be high quality, comfortable and wider to provide a complete coverage
- Lens is the important thing in the sunglasses so go for lenses that protect against UV rays, that provides a clear view of the ball and also helps you to adjust to all lighting conditions